Media Entrepreneurship Training in the Arts (META)
Media Entrepreneurship Training in the Arts (META) is a cross-disciplinary collaborative that focuses on rigorous project-based learning to uniquely address the changing landscape of creative industries and potentially foster the growth of small businesses. The META curriculum emphasizes:
- Communication skills
- Collaborative work
- Creative problem solving
- Entrepreneurial mindset
As a META student at USF, you will have an advanced opportunity to experience and develop a variety of skill sets that are important in your chosen creative field and crucial for understanding fundamental business components and industry interaction so you can activate entrepreneurial ventures in the community.
You will receive the following benefits from the META program:
- Mentorship by faculty and industry professionals
- Extensive hands-on opportunities that address the way you learn
- Project-based learning to help you develop teamwork and collaboration skills
- Interdisciplinary learning to allow you to succeed in a multifaceted work environment
- Competitive environment to encourage you to work harder
- Understanding of core business concepts and entrepreneurial thinking
- Development of technical skills
- Knowledge, skills and abilities required to start your own business
The first year of the META program (your junior year) focuses on developing the fundamental understanding of META disciplines and developing the skill set to complete a successful project. You will gain META experience through internal USF projects.
The second year of the META program (your senior year) is designated to gaining experience working in teams for outside agencies and businesses. You will work in teams to complete projects selected by META faculty. You may also complete your senior capstone course in META hours.
META application process:
- Apply during your sophomore year.
- You must have a minimum career GPA of 3.0.
- Present a portfolio of work as defined by your discipline.
- Interview with META faculty team.
For more information, contact META Director Andrea Robinson Hinsey at 260.399.7700, ext. 8018, or firstname.lastname@example.org.