Message from the Dean
The School of Creative Arts (SOCA) is pleased to provide you with this comprehensive listing of our many programs and extracurricular offerings. We hope you find the resources interesting and informative.
The University of Saint Francis offers one of the largest visual arts programs among the private schools in the state of Indiana. SOCA’s programs are accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD).
SOCA offers the following degrees:
- Bachelor of Arts in Art History
- Bachelor of Arts in Communication
- Bachelor of Arts in Graphic Design
- Associate of Arts in Graphic Design
- Bachelor of Arts in Animation
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Dance
- Associate of Arts in Dance
- Bachelor of Arts in Museum Studies
- Master of Arts in Studio Art
- Bachelor of Arts in Studio Art
- Associate of Arts in Studio Art
- Bachelor of Science in Art Education
- Bachelor of Arts in Pre-Art Therapy
- Bachelor of Science in Music Technology
- Associate of Science in Music Technology
- META advanced track
Students and faculty actively exhibit and perform their work, attend and present at national conferences, and nurture an artistic environment that is personalized, innovative and progressive. The quality of the work created at SOCA is outstanding. Please explore the student galleries to witness the technical skill and innovative content found in their work.
Each program has its own club or organization to allow you to engage in extracurricular activities related to your specific area of study. Our active relationship with professionals in community arts organizations, internship programs and guest lectures reinforces the professional world of work outside the normal classroom experience. You’ll learn to develop and build networks that will help in your search for that first job and will allow you to create professional, productive relationships that will last a lifetime.
As you continue to look for the art, music technology, dance, theatre or communication school that fits your goals, I am sure your questions will become more specific and detailed. I would like to invite you to visit our beautiful campus and experience the creative arts at USF.
Feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements for a campus tour or a portfolio review or audition.
I look forward to working with you.
Colleen Huddleson, Dean
The School of Creative Arts